Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting is my middle name

We're still waiting to hear about our scheduled c-section date. I heard from the nurse yesterday who's booking it and she said that she needs to coordinate the date with the surgical unit and to expect to hear from her by the end of the week. 

I'm going to assume that we waited too long and that the window they want us to deliver in is full.  Thus, I'm also assuming that I may be bumping someone. 

It seems wrong to bump someone who's already wrapped their mind around the date they can expect their little one to arrive but it's been stressed to us how important it is to catch that perfect window.  Too early we risk Payton having to struggle just a little bit more and too late we risk an emergency section due to bleeding.

Me, I have no expectations.  As usual, once I do things always seem to change.

2 comments:

Angela, Tony, Mattiaus and Marcus said...

Hi Renee,

Don't give too much thought to bumping anyone. Heck, I was bumped about 5-7 times waiting for induction when more emerg cases came in. It was finally 2am when they took me into triage with a "window of opportunity". I actually heard one patient was bumped and they alreay had the induction needle in her arm, yikes!! You & Baby Payton need an entire team scheduled for a smooth delivery and transition into the NICU.

I was quick to realize we needed, and Mattiaus sure taught me, to be patient. And waiting today is just the start :) Then there is different types of waiting afterwards!! These little have so much to teach us.

Take care & looking forward to more updates, Angela

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon, Renee
Great to see, that humour is with you - and all is well!! Has your Mom been up to see you lately - the big 60 is gracefully nearing - Ha Hee. My prayers are with you and Payton - Love yous - Bye for now, Auntie Bev