Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thoughts for Maddie

Today is the eve of Maddie's date she's due to arrive - though I'm not 100% if tomorrow will simply be a date of induction (and with that we're never 100% sure of the date she'll arrive) but it could also be a c-section date.

My thoughts today are with Maddie's family.  The day before they begin final steps to welcome Maddie (and welcome the very unknown her fight with CDH will bring) must be a frightening though exciting time for Maddie's family.  The calm before the storm so to say.

I can only imagine the fear they are experincing yet the joy they are feeling as they eagerly anticipate the welcome of a little girl who has already touched so many.

I wish the family peace because even in the best of situations, their road ahead will be both emotionally and physically difficult.

Tomorrow we will think of Maddie, for today we think of Maddie's family.

PS - I'm still very upset that I cannot send direct support to Maddie's family via blog comments so I very much hope that my thoughts and well wishes (even if silent to the family) do find their way.

2 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Thank you so much! C-section is Tuesday morning at 10AM. Driving up to the hospital tomorrow morning.

my email is ladibug4@gmail.com and i'm on Facebook too - feel free to cyberstalk me like crazy - i plan to follow your every move once payton is here!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello, Renee
My thoughts are also with Maddie - I have been reading their blog - and sending prayers/well wishes Maddie's way.
Love you, Keep up the awesome work - you are a terrific
Auntie Bev

Maddie - Prayers of perfect health, joyous moments; and lots of love be with you. From Renee's Auntie Bev