Thursday, July 14, 2011

2 weeks to go - the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place

As long as this little bear continues to cooperate we have a well placed game plan that seems like its coming together.

My sister is flying home from her 3 month vacation for the birth (thank you) and as a c-section vet I'm hoping to utilize her as much as I can.

I was able to bump up our Easter Seals reservation to July 27th so I'll be heading to Easter Seals the day before and overnighting hopefully with my mother.

Birth Plan:

I'm hoping to have the following support for the day of delivery.

Dwayne - present in the delivery room during the section (with a camera and my fingers crossed hoping he doesn't pass out and in fact can take lots of photos and video once Payton's born).  He's expected to stick to Payton like glue and keep as close to her as the team will allow.

My mom - unable to be in the delivery room but hopeful that she'll be able to go to the NICU after Payton is born and at a minimum report back to me on how things are going (though I've been reassured that the nurses are very good at doing so).  Still, its important to me since i can't be there that Payton have as many people looking over her as possible (recall she also has her 2 older brothers as guardian angels looking over her so hopefully with everyone in place she'll be well looked after).

My sister - the c-section vet.  I'm going to make her work.  Hopefully they'll let someone sit with me while I'm in recovery and beyond.   I'm going to play the sympathy card (sick baby/stressed mom) and maybe they will relax some guidlines. I'm not sure of the hospital's policy of someone in the recovery room with me but I know some hospitals you are alone.  Knowing Payton will be struggling I do fear being alone with my thoughts for too long.

Its also very important to give recognition to those who will be behind the scenes watching out for us and helping us in other very important ways.  Of course Livy's best friend and care giver Wilma will be keeping the little Bug well entertained during the day.  My other sister will be standing by and taking Livy for the next few nights (she'll have a house full of kids but that will work in her benefit I'm sure).   I'm hoping to see Livy a few times after the birth and siblings are allowed in the NICU (as long as they're healthy) so Livy will be able to meet her sister (with her 'Big Sister' T-shirt) as soon as Dwayne and I are comfortable allowing her to do so.

So there it is...my 1st ever birth plan (despite it being my 3rd birth experience). 

Now all we have to do is cross our fingers and hope that Payton stays put where she belongs for 2 more weeks or else this whole plan will be thrown out the window :).

On another note (which I think is important to point out) today is my Mom's & her twin's (Auntie Bev's) 60th Birthday.

Happy 60th Birthday!!!


For what its worth, Auntie Beverly has been my biggest blog supporter/comment'r so I know she reads it religiously.  Thank you Auntie Bev and Happy Birthday!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome:
This is exciting - The plan is set - and Baby Payton is due, soon.
Excellent - Renee, you have done an awesome job, thus far.
My thoughts / prayers are with You/Baby Payton; and all the special people in Your Family.
Lots of Kisses; Hugs and Love,
- Auntie Bev

Unknown said...

As soon as you want baby pics - let me know!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have so much great support. I just wish I lived closer so I could help in some small way. I will certainly be thinking , praying and hoping for all to go well. I am so looking forward to meeting this amazing little girl. Love to you all.
Mom Helen.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Renee For the Birthday wishes - I had a great day! Love to you All, Auntie Bev