Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sisters

Livy got to meet Payton today.  While we can't say she's 'taken' yet with her sister, it was nice to have a chance to bring Livy to meet her before Payton goes in to her surgery tomorrow.

Here's a quick pic of Auntie and Livy with Payton. 


My time at home so far has been wonderful.  I can tell that Livy is excited to have me here as she is very attentive.  She takes my hand and walks me all around and wanted me to lie down with her (no need to fight to get her into bed...just to sleep :).

There's a bit of caution with the c-section incision and I've probably exerted myself to my maximum today but it was well worth it to just come home for a night and relax with Livy.  Man I miss her.

The nurse tonight said she's starting to see signs of Payton struggling in the way of needing additional bolus' to get her through as she's starting to desat too often (a bolus being an extra shot of morphine to keep her sedated).  That often equates to them having to jack up her oxygen a bit to get her through the rough patch so she's showing signs that waiting too long in the same condition under sedation isn't agreeing with her.  Whether its just her fighting through the seditives, being more flemmed up due to the vent (where fluid/mucus builds in the chest effecting breathing) or simply showing us that she can't remain in limbo forever who knows.  We just know that now is the time and we hope that the rest she's had over the last few days (since the shock of being born) is the perfect time to allow her to get through the next few days.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough (or slow enough) and while I very much look forward to Payton starting to 'get better' I worry too.  She's done so well that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  We know that things go right in this world (we have Livy) but we also know that things can go very, very wrong (we have our little angel's Dayne and Daniel).   So we keep our guard up and remain cautiously optimistic that Payton has done so well and that she's well positioned to fight through the surgery and recovery beyond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart and thoughts are with you all today!! I'M praying that little Payton comes through the surgery and continues her brave fighting spirit on her healing journey.
Love, Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Sister picture - Auntie Kayreen is looking good!!
Praying for a perfect surgery and a miraculous recovery for Baby Payton!! My heart goes out to You, My Dears. With Love, Auntie Bev

Anonymous said...

Sending happy and healthy thoughts your way. Payton has some really great guardian angels looking over her and protecting her. Hugs to all of you.