Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another 'Uneventful' Day

Another uneventful day in pregnancy land though a very good day for me.

Today I got to spend most of my day with Livy and right now she's snuggled in my bed so I'll get to wake up to her too. 

I can't believe how much she's growing and how much her talking improves by leaps and bounds.  She has her ABC's down pat and she counts up to 10 easily with 11, 12 and beyond doing 'ok'.

Her biting and pinching are getting ahead of her too so that's something that we need to work on.  I think on one hand its a stage but the other it her acting out because her life continues to be in a bit of turmoil bouncing back and forth between people with no consistency.  Today after pinching she even said to me "Livy time out??"    Unfortunately we weren't in a position to give the time out but it sad that she knows there's consequences and she still is doing it.    Not even 2 yet...sigh.

On another note, we bought a new car today.  Unfortunately its not necessarily a 'good' thing.  We really can't afford it but our other vehicle is 10+ years old and really badly smells of fuel and burning oil.  Its absolutely not something we can have with Payton and NOT something that I want to be driving with Livy. 

The debate between used and new occurred and because Dwayne and I just aren't mechanically inclined, we needed something that we could rely on for at least 4 years.  Its also a diesel so the commut will be much easier on the pocket book - especially since it looks like I'll be back commuting again myself shortly after we bring Payton home as the company I work for is being taken over and the new company won't need a Canadian office :(.  Sad - end of an era.

Today is also 5 weeks since my 1st bleed.  5 weeks of living in Vancouver and 5 weeks of not being home with my family.   If all goes well it'll be another 4.5 weeks before I'm back home again.    Still, as long as it sounds, I'm so glad we're over the hump (halfway point).

3 comments:

Silverdollar said...

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Renee
It is wonderful your Baby Olivia got to spend the night - what a precious time. Baby Payton is okay - so far - that is great! Life seems to be stable for now.
What is Baby Payton's weight? My prayers are with you all;
Take care, my Dears - Love yous,
Auntie Bev

Jess said...

Hello Renee

I don't know you, but you had commented on a blog post about my son Seth who was born at BC Womens and Childrens in October, with CDH. I just wanted to make sure that you got my message about finding me on facebook, if you want someone to talk to who is familiar with your current situation. PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me. Jess Cotton Sheppard on facebook!