Friday, July 15, 2011

Odds and Sods

Today is filled with a few odds and sods.

1st off, today is the 1st time I got to see Livy this week. Its been a week since I saw her last so I was missing her extra today.  We had a few bumpy roads with trying to get down at nap time.  She's changed so much and I've essentially missed it all thus after an hour of trying to put her to bed we gave up once both of us were crying (her in frustration and me just because I missed her so much and she's grown up and changed so much).

Livy and I sort of met up with Grandma Val, Auntie and 3 cousins at the Acquarium but it dídn't work out too well since I'm still overly weak from the various bedrest and lack of activity.  That coupled with an over tired little girl made for some interesting moments.  The most interesting was when she decided to take off on me in the gift store (at the exit).  Just imagine an 8.5 month pregnant woman with a bit diaper bag on her shoulder trying to weave in and out of dozens of people stuffed in a gift shop full of breakables and shelves of displayed tiny things...not a great combination.  I did get to a panicked point when I pushed another woman out of the way since Livy was bee-lining to wide open spaces.  Yes, I've become that mother who can't handle her child - the one everyone is wondering why she's having another one.

To top off a great day I recieved word that a job I've applied for has asked me for an interview.  They are scheduled for next week.  Ha, you say?!?!  I agree...an 8.5 month pregnant woman applying for a job.  Yes, I'll definitely have to do some fancy footwork in my interview so that they won't notice the baby bump. 

Oh, and some of you may not know why I'm looking for another job.  The company I'm currently working for is in a takeover bid.  As of Sept its likely I won't have a job...unfortunately we simply can't afford for me not to work and while we possibly could have afforded a bit of a break (say 2-3 months before I needed to find something) this could be a very good opportunity for me career wise so its something I want to jump on.

That's pretty much it.  Hoping to see Livy and Dwayne tomorrow. It'll be nice to have the whole family together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of you all everyday. Please keep the news coming. Love to read how things are going. Have been following the other blogs as well and praying for all the little ones.
Love Grandma Helen.

Emma Lunder said...

Renee! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, you're one of the strongest women I've ever met and you are an amazing mother. I've been following your blog trying to keep up with my favorite Olivia! Hopefully this year we'll have some races in squamish and I'll get to visit!
:) Emma

Anonymous said...

Hello,
It sounds like you had a busy and exciting time; with fun and joy - and a little dash of stress mixed in there: All-in-all - it sounded like a great day. Keep up the marvelous work, Renee. - Love to you all, Auntie Bev.