Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Almost time

Today is the last day I'll have this precious little bundle in my tummy.  I'm surprisingly calm for a number of reasons - far too many to explain. 

Here's a quick belly shot the last day pregnant with Payton
 (loving the white stockings that are a staple with long term pregnancy bedrest).

Today we met with one of the Peri's and a Resident to go over the c-section and the associated risks.  I have known from reading that one of the risks with placenta previa is a hysterectomy.    We discussed this and how much of an effort I wanted them to make to save my uterus in the event the placenta doesn't release from the uterus. 

It was a little bit weird (nostalgic) to say "This is my last pregnancy, please don't prioritize the uterus".  Its sad because in a heartbeat I would have more children (and we still may, just not from my uterus) - if pregnancy for me didn't come so often with heartbreak as well as the emotional and physical stress of IVF, bed rest and all the rest.  Seems weird to think that we'd be hit again with another rare issue in a subsequent pregnancy but I recognize my limitations - both physically and emotionally.

As rare as the risks are of a hysterectomy, both Dwayne and I have stopped being shocked about how many 'small' odds we continue to find ourselves in so we are not going to overlook another possible unlikely situation.  We need to be prepared.

Some have asked what time Payton is to be delivered tomorrow.  Her birth time/date is scheduled for:
July 28th at 11:00am.

We will try to update as we go but we'll be relying mostly on Dwayne and he could have his hands full with the activities surrounding Payton's 1st few hours.

In parting, here is the Blood Donation details near Children's Hospital for those who wish to donate blood:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are so strong, I really admire both of you. I will be anxiously awaiting Dwayne's call tomorrow. Again blessings to all of you. Love Grandma Helen

Angela, Tony, Mattiaus and Marcus said...

Renee, It has been my pleasure to get to know you, your family & Baby Payton during this joyous, yet so very difficult, pregnancy. We are sending many prayers and good thoughts for your health and especially Payton's health. While pregnant last year I often prayed for Mattiaus - for his strength, for his determination and for his survival. Also that he be as heathly as he can be. And I hope for the same for Payton. That she come out kicking and full of spirit, stubborness and be a teacher of many things to you, your family & friends, and all her docs, nurses and therapists. She is so very loved already and you finally get to meet her and see her beauty tommorrow. Enjoy your last evening of pregnancy and wishing you a smooth delivery tommorrow. Take care and I will be watching for updates!!! Angela & Baby Mattiaus

Anonymous said...

Huge good luck and wishes for everything to go smoothly tomorrow for you and baby Payton, we'll be thinking of you, Elizabeth Todd and family xx

Anonymous said...

A Special Morning, to you All
A day to celebrate!!!
Congratulations, Renee
You triumphed the Pregnancy - You will conquer the Delivery:)
I Pray - for a healthy, smooth & safe delivery.
You are a Warrior - Renee: Brave, Strong, Sprited, Loving & Gracious.
Lovingly Yours, Auntie Bev:)

Tracy Meats said...

Praying for a smooth and uncomplicated delivery for you and Payton. I pray for Payton and the journey that she is about to embark on. Hope she is strong, comes out fighting and amazes her family with her strength. I know you love your little girl so much, for I can tell in your blog posts and your posts on CHERUBS. She is loved so much and I wish you all the best.

I know the fear and worry is setting in, but you are about to bring a beautiful life into this world...capture this moment. Take lots of pictures! I look forward to seeing pictures and reading she has arrived.

Strong and stable days ahead!!
Sending you much love during this journey.

(((HUGS))),
Tracy, Ian's mom from CHERUBS