Sunday, July 17, 2011

36 weeks 1 day

Well, I fell off the blogging wagon.  I promised daily updates so that there was no questions as to whether I was in hospital again or not and yesteday simply got away from me.

A bit YAY!! in that we're less than 1 week off of Full term :)

Today is a day of thanks (not to be confused with a day of venting since my thanks revolves around a few examples that may be precieved as a vent).

I want to simply send out a HUGE thank you to everyone who has gone out of their way to offer me/us support.

Its important to point out that there are people in my life who I 'thought' would be the ones who would be there in tough times (even just a little bit) but ironically, many who I thought would be supportive I've barely heard from (some I haven't heard from at all).

I'm generally one keep my expectations low but its hard when there are some who have be absolutely INCREDIBLE in their support - many, I have only recently 'met' since learning we had a sick baby.  Others I would consider friends, but not 'close' friends.

I have been simply amazed at how incredibly supportive and giving some people have...with their time, energy and most importantly kind words.

So, for those of you who have gone out of their way to help (with words of encouragement, playdates with Livy, coming to visit me, putting me up in their homes, emails, telephone calls, dinners brought, chats, walks, photos) I can't begin to thank you enough. 

Even more noteworthy are those who are also suffering or struggling who have taken the time to reach out and let us know they are thinking of us - an incredible example of 'good people'.

It really does show an amazing side of generosity and for some they may think that its not much but I have to say, that you are an exception and your efforts should not ever go without acknowledgement and appreciation.

So, Thank You!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Renee
You are a very special Lady, Renee! You are surrounded with Special people who care, love and support you (Family/Fiends); We are lucky to have you in our lives; Thank You! We are Blessed! Be strong my Dear.
A famous quote! What can We do to Help, you? With Love, your Auntie Bev