Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Those pearly whites

Today was a big day for Livy.  It was her second (but 1st REAL) dentist appointment.

All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS I'm a mother who allows her child to watch TV.

She was frightened, no doubt but she weathered the appointment like a champ and I was so proud of her resisting her fears that I had to take a picture.


Once we told Livy that a "Mighty Machine" was going to be tickling her teeth she opened right up and made it through the entire tooth polishing (for what its worth, Might Machines is a kids show that shows all kinds of machines at work...she loves it which will only worry me if she still loves it in 16 years).

Of course there were a few more bribes (and suggestions along the way which included having a play date with her cousins afterwards) but all in all she was a little champ in the dentist chair.

No comments: