Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A bit delayed but site wasn't working last night

Today was our OB appointment. It was a rather uneventful appointment until my doctor pulled out the doppler. Heartbeat of 175. He went to grab the ultrasound machine. Heartbeat between 165-170. Tried the doppler again, heartbeat of 175.

OB wanted to send me for further monitoring just to be safe.
I wasn't worried knowing that the 175 was quite common in some of my previous NST tests. BUT, I was going to error on the side of caution and take any extra monitoring that was available.

He sent me to St. Paul's Hosptial for an non stress test (NST) where I sat for 4.5 hrs waiting for the doctor. Unfortunately there was an emergency c-section that took up much of her time.

After 2 NST tests I finally got a chance to see her (along with 2 other residents) and it was determined that all is well.

On another note, I had a friend come over and take a few pics of the belly. After we made such an effort with our maternity photos with Livy it seemed wrong to not have any of Payton. AND since there was a big enough risk of another bleed in the near future, I figured it was important to do them as soon as possible. Ideally I would have loved to have had Livy be part of it but I didn't want to run out of time and end up back in the hospital again.

We stuck to straight belly shots simply because I'm such a wreck I would negatively affect the photos for sure.

Here's one she took using my camera:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pregnant belly! -Dixie

Anonymous said...

Hello, I love your pregnant belly shot - I am sure that you look beautiful, as ever!! Love you, Auntie Bev