Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jail Break

So, I made it out of the hospital.  Almost didn't, not because of any medical reason but because my immediate housing plans feel through due to strep throat (or viral infection not sure which).

Regardless, I started phoning everyone I know frantically looking for a free bed (even though the hospital was perfectly happy to keep me).

So I'm free. 1st thing on the list was a pedicure to trim down my out of control toe nails (fully approved by the docs).

And like any escaped convict, the next stop was Starbucks :).

So today has been a bit of catch up work wise as I'm finally able to sign in to my work server.  No emergencies but still, stuff that needs to be done.

This morning my sister was in town and they picked me up for a Costco trip.  Since I was told walking through the Vancouver Aquarium was too much walking I knew Costco would be too.  Fortunately, Costco (from prior experience) has wheelchairs so as long as I had someone to push me I was good to go.

Even better when we got there and they didn't have wheelchairs, but rather motorized carts/chairs (not sure what they're called) that I could put stuff in the basket and propel myself around.  Down side is they travel SOOOO SLOOOWWW.  Still, the back up beeper was fun and made for an interesting Costco trip.  Being so close it may become my regular activity.

Its been a number of days since I've seen Livy (almost a week now and I've seen her for an hour) and its been hard.  I never knew it could be this hard.  I've never needed/wanted a break from her (though I have been away for a few days due to work) and thus I have a hard time finding a silver lining in it all OTHER than the fact that this sacrifice is for our next little bundle.

I know Dwayne's taken extended leaves for work from home and while his usually has a 10 day'ish end in sight (not 8 weeks) I'm starting to realize how hard it has been for him in the past.

I'm hoping Saturday will be a big day with Livy.  I'm committed to hanging with her and as such, we'll tackle the Aquarium and find a wheelchair if need be.  Or, I'll go, and sit and let her explore and come back to visit me on my perch over and over...that way I can rest and see her throughout the day - sounds like a wonderful plan to me :).

No comments: