Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Dwayne!!

Today I'm posting a bit earlier than I normally would have if given the choice.  But, I wanted to post because I didn't want to 'run out of time' later today and not post at all...especially since this is an extra special day.

Happy 40th Birthday Dwayne!!
As you can see its an extra special birthday too.  A big milestone that unfortunatly will go relatively uncelebrated by Dwayne as he's out in the field working until tomorrow.

Still, we're going to do what we can to make it special - even if he can't be here to celebrate it with us.

On our list of 'special' events today is a sleep over with Livy.  I'm so excited (but scared at the same time) that I can hardly wait.  I know in the last 2 weeks she's developed some bad habits in part from me being gone, but also in part from those caring for her not being consistent in managing the typical behaviour of an almost 2 year old.

So, tonight will be interesting to see how many tantrums she has and how many time outs she has.  Still, tantrum or not, I'm so excited to just hang out with her.

On another note, late this afternoon we head out for our 3D ultrasound.  Last time around we had to cancel due to my hospital stay.  After cancelling, today was their 1st available time slot and though I could have postponed it another 2 days for when Dwayne gets here, I didn't risk putting it off in the event I ended up back at the hospital.  So 1st come 1st serve.

The good news is we'll get a video of the entire session that we'll be able to share (and birthday boy will be able to see it even though he'll miss it in person).

I expect to put the video up by tomorrow since today may be such a busy day with Livy.

In the meantime here are some pics that Auntie Kayreen, Uncle John and Livy took and sent so they could wish Dwayne (Daddy) a very Happy Birthday.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dwayne
Beverley