Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tribute to Mattiaus

Today I learned that another CDH baby has grown his wings.  This time though, its a baby who was not in the NICU and was past that point where we start to think that life is going to be normal.

Little Mattiaus was 11 months old.

Its also important to mention how much Mattiaus has been an inspiration for us as we struggled to understand CDH the NICU and what was in store for us when Payton arrived.

Mattiaus' mother Angela has been an incredible support person.  Going beyond what any 'stranger' would do and has even gone above and beyond what even family and friends have done.  She has been incredible and all the while, continuing their own fight CDH with baby Mattiaus as he worked hard to gain weight and come off the oxygen support.

Little Mattiaus with his incredibly big, expressive brown eyes will always be a part of our own fight with CDH.  He gave us hope and his mother gave us comfort - and we'll never be able to thank them enough.

Our hearts are heavy today as we send Mattiaus and his family as much peace and love as we can.  This is a very difficult road and its such a heartbreak to know that this warm and giving family is grieving for their little angel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear about little Mattiaus. My heart goes out to the family. I had been following their blog and praying the he would be ready to go home soon. In the end we have no control over anything do we. It just seems so unfair.
Grandma Helen

Jess C said...

Very saddened to hear that another baby was lost to CDH. It hits so very close to home, with Seth being 10 months now. There are no words good enough here, my condolences to his family!

Lisa Barlow said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for his family.

Anonymous said...

So sad - My prayers go out to Mattiaus & Family!!
And I am so Happy to hear that Payton is doing well!!!
Take care My Dears - My thoughts & Prayers are with You constantly. Love you, Auntie Bev

Jennifer Tenney said...

Oh my goodness, I have followed Mattiaus's story and I had no idea!!!!!! So heartbreaking!!!! Praying for his family!!!!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor

Tracy Meats said...

I am so very sad to read that Mattiaus lost his fight with CDH...so unfair and not right. My prayers are with Angela and her family today. Precious Mattiaus was so precious.

Much love,
Tracy, Ian's mom