Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Feeding Hurdle

I'm not sure how to explain this next step in Payton's development because honestly, I was too tired to ask.  It sounds terrible but I was just too tired today to ask only to stress about something else.  Instead, I wanted a peaceful day with Payton and we had just that.  No 'worries' to think about while Payton and I cuddled for a couple of hours today.  We let our problems sit for a day and just focused on cuddle time.

The next hurdle is going to include Radiology but I'm not 100% sure what they're looking for (or if they know what they're looking for) but I do know they intend to do a dye test on her digestive system to see what it looks like.  The dye will run through her stomach and intestines and they'll be able to map it all. 

Perhaps they're looking for a blockage (I think other CDH parents would be able to chime in on this) or perhaps they're looking for an appropriate place to put a feeding tube in surgically (since this has now been brought up to us 2 days in a row).

Whatever the reason we should find out tomorrow as that's when they expect the test to be done.

On a good note, the NICU doctor today said she checked Payton's hips and today they showed no abnormality.  So they'll continue to monitor it and keep fingers crossed that they were just a bit overcautious and all is fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renee, I don't know how you are doing all this. I marvel at your strength and determination. I hope you are able to get some time to yourself and rest. Let's pray and hope that this next test for Payton shows all is well.
Love Grandma Helen

Jess C said...

Renee
I wish I had some wise words, or even some experience to give you. All I can say is take it day by day, and if you need a day or 2 where you don't dwell on every little fact, then take them! Not only do you need that time to just enjoy your sweet baby girl, but you deserve it and so does she! Sending plenty of thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Renee
Take good care of youself, My Dear
- You are awesome!!
Hope Payton's tests are positive news!! Love to all, Auntie Bev

Anonymous said...

Love these posts and pictures. I start my day by looking at the girls.
Makes for a happier day.
Grandma Helen