Thursday, August 11, 2011

Full Frontal

I'm updating this fairly late tonight but partly because of the news we learned earlier and just digesting it.

As far as Payton is concerned we're still doing well and today was a treat to arrive in the NICU.

This is the 1st thing I saw today - A very bare face!!


I held her as long as I could looking at her and loving the fact that she's doing so well.  Tomorrow won't be the same as she'll have a feeding tube back in again.  Her feeds were halted at 6 am today (again) because her belly isn't tolerating it still.  So they thought to give her very upset tummy time to settle before they try putting another tube down (again trying to place it in the intestines). 

The next time they try it will be with the help of radiology (and multiple x-rays) as they try to manipulate it where it needs to be.  Apparently this is difficult with CDH babies as the opening to the intestines isn't where it is on a normal baby.  So it'll be a bit of a trial and error proceedure and they want her tummy to be well rested for the little ordeal.

On another note I got another wonderful surprise in the NICU this morning.  Each day I look at the board to see where Payton is.  Beside her name is always a red dot.  The red dot beside her name indicates she's a sick little girl.  I've been hinting the last few days that maybe its time to down grade her magnet.


Today when I arrived this is what the board looked like beside Payton's name.


So Payton's officially been delisted out of the Red zone and we're now Yellow.  Next step is Green and I imagine once she's feeding better (or at all) we may be candidates for Green.

Here's a picture of Grandma Val holding Payton.  Now that she's doing so well we're letting others hold her.  She now tolerates touch very well and just loves been cuddled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful sight. Although she has Mommy's hair she sure reminds me of her Daddy when he was a baby. I do hope all goes well for her tomorrow and she can start feeding. One more step closer to home. Lots of love Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like Livy's got a 'mini me'....She sure is beautiful in grandma's arms! KJ

Dixie said...

This is my favorite post so far! Seeing her pretty face, unencumbered, really lifted my spirits today. Payton, you are a miracle!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Payton is so beautiful; and her Gramma Valerie is gorgeous!! What beauties!!
Love you, Auntie Bev