Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Have I mentioned how incredibly lucky we are???

Just a few hours after posting this morning I went back into Payton's room to see this:

Such a beautiful little face with very little on it.  Even better was when I got to hold this:

She's only on the nasal prongs due to her pulminary hypertension and her ECHO tomorrow will determine if we can go down from there.    No hurry because even now she's a much happier camper.

Later in the day they tried feeding again.  The 1st feed went well but an hour and a half after the second feed she was spitting it back up and her tummy was very unsettled.  We tried some kangeroo care (holding her upright) and after about 20 minutes or so her tummy settled and she feel asleep.  It was so very nice to see how content she is in my arms and it makes me want her home so much more (so we can do that whenever we want).

I'm home tonight with Livy and tomorrow we're giving up our room at Easter Seals.  We know that its a special place reserved for families of very sick children and Payton has told us that we need to free up our room for another family. 

We can't believe how well she's doing - our little superstar.  Now all she needs to do is keep her food down in her belly.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I pray that Payton continues to do so well and will be going home soon.
Love Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Good morning
Beautiful picture - Awesome: All is well - marvellous!!
You & Payton finally get to bond - Wonderful!!
Take care my Dears, Love yous,
Auntie Bev

Jennifer Tenney said...

Go Payton!!!!!!! I remember I had such relief when Dakota went to Nasal cannulas. Finally, I felt like I had a real baby, and it only gets better and better from there. Many prayers for continued progress and good eating!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor

Lisa Barlow said...

What a great way to start MY day. Fabulous news and beautiful pictures.

May the good news continue!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Looking at the photos again this morning. She is just such a darling little girl. Love the hair. Can hardly wait until she is home and I can get to hold her.
Love Grandma Helen

Haley said...

Go Payton go! She sure is a cutie...

Tracy Meats said...

Payton in her mommy's arms....what a precious photo!!