Monday, September 19, 2011

Uggh

Well, I thought we were on the home stretch with no more drama but Baby Payton continues to prove more and more that she's just like her Dad.

Today we arrived to find Payton hooked up again to an IV.  I first thought that she had another infection but it turns out that her GJ (feeding) tube is blocked.  I asked what would cause a blockage and the answer was breastmilk.  This obviously was not a scenerio they discussed with us.

So Payton is back on an IV for nutrition and they are now going to do what they can to get her to full oral feeds sooner than later (apparently my requests to be a bit quicker on oral feeds earlier wasn't enough).  So now we're going to really push Payton and see what that little tummy (which has never been full so I imagine is shrunk smaller than normal) can do.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day for Payton.

The feeding schedule is 10ml every 4 hours with a 5ml increase every second feed.  So we anticipate that by tomorrow she'll be at half feeds and by Wednesday evening (if all is tracking well) she'll be near full feeds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Payton, you can do it. You're a tough little girl. We're pulling for you.
Lots of love, Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Hello, Renee
I hope Payton is up to this!!
My prayers are with you Payton!!
Love to All, Auntie Bev