Monday, September 26, 2011

Gaining like a Champ

Payton's been home for 3 days and today we went in to the Health Centre to meet with one of the community health nurses. 

Payton was weighed and is weighing in at a whooping 4280g (she was discharged from the hospital at 4100g) so Payton has gained 180g in 3 days - 0.4 lbs in 3 days (and this after 2 pee's).

So its safe to say that breastfeeding is working well with her.

On another note, Payton reacted to her weigh in by peeing everywhere.  I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer as I only brought 2 blankets (no extra clothes) with me.  She proceeded to pee on the blanket we used on the scale then peed on her clothes and other blanket. 

Thank goodness for the nurse from BC Childrens when we left she took two blankets and rolled them for support in Payton's carseat.  So, this is how Payton came home from her weigh-in.

On the negative side, we're dealing with some granulation tissue around Payton's MIK KEY (G-tube) that we're keeping an eye on.  It seems to be getting bigger so we'll possibly take her in sooner than later.   It'll be such a relief when we finally free this little one from all her attachments.

5 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

I love checking in on your blog and seeing so much good news. makes my heart sing!

Allison said...

Go Payton!!! 180g is spectacular for her, I think that's her best weight gain possibly ever!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. It's so good to see her sitting in her little chair. She truly is precious. Love Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Hello, Renee
She is sooooo cute!! Adorable!!
I just want to cradle her in my arms and cuddle, cuddle, cuddle!!
Hope the last tube gets removed soon - and all is perfect with Payton!!
How is Olivia?
Love to All, Auntie Bev

Lisa Barlow said...

Checking your blog has become one of my all time favorite activities. Payton's progress makes me smile like nothing else!

Lisa