Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Good Day All Around

Its been a good day all around.  While we didn't spend that much time at the hospital today we did get to see Payton and we left her in good hands with our favourite nurse - Allison.

She continues to progress slowly and well with her feeds and is up to 5ml/hr today.  Her incision looked great (we got a quick peek at it as they unstuffed the wound to let it heal more open assuming the chance of it closing and creating another abcess is gone.  The wound will heal 'open' so we assume Payton will have a bit of a divet in her belly for a while.

The rest of the day was Legendary with Dwayne, Livy and I hitting the Aquarium to visit with Dwayne's old roommates from his Victoria days and their two children. 

We then tackled and conquered the Grouse Grind but with evening plans for dinner in the works we ran out of Beer and Nacho time.  Its almost enough of a reason to return to do it again but it knocked the snot out of me so I may need a bit more of a 'base' before doing it again.

Dwayne and Livy left me in their dust and even when Dwayne let Livy walk most of the last 1/4 "all by self" I still couldn't keep up.  I think in the end my climb time was about an hour and 5 minutes which is a realization in itself of how out of shape I am in...I think my fastest is 48 minutes so I have a bit of work to do.

We then joined friends for dinner and spent the evening relaxing and letting Livy burn up some more energy.

In the end it was a good day and we fear it may be one of our last "summer" days and so we're very grateful that we had a chance to soak it all in.

On another note, we learned today that there is a CDH baby in the BC Children's NICU who is struggling.  He/she has been there for 2 weeks now and we want to keep the little one in our thoughts as they tough out the hardest part - lung stability.

4 comments:

Jess C said...

Always sad to hear of another baby fighting with CDH. My thoughts are with the family! Glad to hear that you had a great day! I am sure that it was just what you needed to recharge. Still thinking of you all daily.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! So glad Payton is moving along and you all had a great day together. Love to all, Grandma Helen

Silverdollar said...

So glad you took some time together, that is so important.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Rene
Glad to hear that Payton is improving, even though it is slowly forward;
Good for you - Payton!!
My prays are with You, Always!!
Take care, Love Yous, Auntie Bev