Friday, November 28, 2008

November 28, 2008 - 3 weeks and 2 days

Well, its sort of official...we've moved from being PUPO to P (for those of you who have a bad memory, pregnant until proven otherwise to pregnant).

Today I tested postive on a home pregnancy test (HTP). Now before I go much further its worth saying I've been testing postive for the last 3 days now. The problem is that lovely HCG trigger shot I took on November 17th, well that shot contains the pregnancy hormone that within an hour of giving me the shot will cause me to test positive on a HTP. Unfortunately it can take up to 2 weeks for that hormone to leave my system. Fortunately, I have previous experience with that shot and I know that previously, at 9 days after the shot I no longer have that artifical hormone in my body therefore any possible positive pregnancy test is because indeed I am pregnant.

Today is 11 days past so I know from experience that the artificial homorne is gone. Despite that, I haven't actually had a negative test in the last 3 days so while I was cautiously optimistic yesterday and the day before, today I'm 100% confident that my postive pregnancy test is accurate.

Now the fear sets in. When pregnant with the two boys, the earliest I tested positive was 10 days past conception. Today, we're only 9 days past so I'm showing an earlier postive then when both embryos implanted. So, I'm a bit afraid that we're carrying two again. Dwayne's adament that we should cross that bridge when we get to it - I realize that we have not choice so I'm willing to go along with it. I mean, what else can I do...

Still, very happy that we have another shot at this...we just need to stay pregnant longer than 24 weeks this time.

90% fear and 10% hope

No comments: