Thursday, November 6, 2008

November 6, 2008 - 0 weeks, 1 day

Well, today is baseline.

What that means is we'll do blood work where they'll test to ensure all my hormone levels are properly supressed and then they'll take a look at my ovaries via ultrasound to ensure I don't have any cysts as well as doing an Anterior Follicle Count (AFC). Its the RE's way of guess-ti-mating how many follicles I may have growing in the next few weeks.

Our official AFC count is 8 this cycle. Not my best but certainly not my worst so I'm not going to complain (for the record, the average # for my age is typically 15-20 so we're definitely on the low end...still we know from previous cycles that our response is always very low relative to the average).

Blood work looks good and off we go starting our 3 nightly injections tonight. YAY

By the way, normally women have their husbands do the shots to them. I'm not sure why they do that since Dwayne is very shaky with a needle and the first time he did it, it hurt to holy hell. But I loved him enough to keep my opinions to myself. Still, I love myself enough that he was demoted to providing comical support.

No comments: