Wednesday, July 29, 2009

38 weeks

Well, its official. Stretch marks have over taken my belly!!!

As of yesterday to be exact. Once again I'm amazed at the changes a women's body goes through during this process.

Yesterday morning I woke up and did my daily belly inspection. Nope, no stretch marks.

At 1 pm I hopped into the shower (yes working from home allows for odd grooming hours) and low and behold I had red marks all along the bottom of my belly. It took place in a matter of hours and not simply one mark popping up a mark at a time (as I would have expected) but a whole slew of them all at once.

By the evening they started to fade already and a part of me thought that maybe it was a heat rash from the extreme heat we've been having (38 degrees indoors and out).

This morning, yup, they're there but ironically not very prominent. Seems the first day the skin doesn't like it much but adjusts accordingly. Still, I have a few weeks to go yet so who knows what they'll look like in the next 14-21 days.

On another note. Anyone who's interested in wondering if the expensive creams work. I'm going to go out on a limb and say no - it truly is genetic.

My mother got them (not sure of the details).
My oldest sister got them around 38 weeks - they arrived 'over night' and were timed with the dropping of my niece. No cream was used
My other sister got them at ~37 weeks. Again, I believe they came on fast and quick. No cream was used.

Me, I got them at exactly 37 weeks and 6 days all the while applying a cream "sworn by a friend" who of course never got a mark. I'm guessing neither did her mother who didn't use cream.

Either way I have worked hard for these badges of honour and even if the cream gave me a few extra weeks of a mark free belly I'll happily sport these marks knowing that they equate to a big and healthy baby growing.

I'll try to get back on for an updated belly shot.

Here goes. Updated late but better late than never.

My belly actually looks quite 'small'. Definitely better hidden with a shirt that doesn't conform to each and every bump.

No comments: