Wednesday, August 12, 2009

40 weeks

Yup, its August 12, 2009. Today is our official estimated due date (is that an oxymoron?? official estimated??).

We hit (at 1pm today) exactly 40 weeks since conception. What does that mean?? This kid is LATE!

The last week we've had a pretty eventful week. The pregnancy that has been 'easy' got hard for a couple of days. Who knew the sciatic nerve could be so painful. Alas, it only slowed me down for about a day and a half and I'm happy to report that the little one has shifted to a much more comfortable position.

And then there's the hemorrhoids. AHHH...the taboo pregnancy side effect that no one tells you about until its there. Then you hear all about every other women who suffered them too. As you can see I have no problem in talking about them (or 'it' as in my case). Alas, other than one day of pain and a few days of annoyance (and laughter - who knew sitting on a donut pillow would be so damn funny) I've survived and with a bit more humble added into the mix.

So there you have it. Officially this little gaffer is late and I'm going to take that to heart in using it as an excuse from here on it...its not me who's late, its them.

I will be taking a shot of the full term 40 week belly so stay tuned.


Here it is...

Its big, no?? Amazingly enough, I feel pretty darn good. Looking at it I'm amazed that my back hasn't given out!!

No comments: