Monday, July 20, 2009

36 weeks 5 days

The end is nigh!!!

Ok, maybe not but a girl can always hope right???

As I near the magical 37 week mark (the point where the baby is considered full term) I can't help but wish this was finally over.

Not for any other reason than I WANT to know if there will be a healthy, (hopefully happy), crying (yes, I know oxymoron to happy), baby in our arms.

After all, this pregnancy has almost been TOO GOOD. Absolutely NO complications or problems and that in itself causes me more fear than if things were just a bit off kilter. Like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Part of me feels like I've figured out Karma's plan to get my guard down only to kick me when I'm down. But I ain't falling for it!!! ;)

...Ok, so its now 3 days later and I'm finally finishing this post. Oh, and I'm relieved to say that this pregnancy is not longer "perfect" - whew!!

Our last OB appointment I have been confirmed as Strep B positive. Yup, I have a bacteria (Group B Streptococcus to be exact). Though it can make delivery just a tad more complicated, I'm ironically very relieved to have it. It has created that 'bit off kilter' feel that I was looking for to allow me to think that this pregnancy isn't too good to be true. The good thing is I have the best possible strain of Strep B - if there is a 'good' strain.

So what does this mean. Not much. It simply means I'm put on antibiotics for delivery - an IV I think, so while I've been there done that before, it does minimize some of the freedom I would otherwise have if I didn't carry the bacteria (ie no cartwheels down the hospital halls to help speed up labour).

Mmm, not much else to update but here, finally!! is the lone maternity picture we have thus far.

1 comment:

Dave & Sara said...

This is the most beautiful picture ever. Wow, absolutely gave me goosebumps, I'm so happy for you guys! And as far as the strep b, I understand the feeling of a bump in the pregnancy and this one is just small enough to know it's a bump, but nothing to cause alarm. Oh and I now officially have a prediction of the gender :-)