Wednesday, July 8, 2009

35 weeks

There's not much to report at this time, I simply figured its been a while since we checked in so I should at least pop on here and let everyone know that we're still plugging along.

I'm happy to report that I'm huge (I even have the photos to prove it) and even more happy to say that so far no stretch marks. Not that getting stretch marks is a big deal but hey, if I can escape unscathed then great. If not, then I'll consider myself lucky that I made it far enough to have earned those badges of honour.

I can honestly say that this pregnancy has been pretty easy. Nothing major to complain about - though I still have 5 weeks to go so I may be counting my blessings a bit early here.

We recently took a trip out to Saskatchewan (last week) and until then I didn't suffer from any swelling. The plane ride took care of that and since then I've noticed that the swelling has stuck around usually rearing its head in the evenings after I've been up and about all day. Dwayne and I did invest in some athlete compression socks and though I'd probably be fine without them, the fashion guru in me loves wearing them (especially with shorts - and no you won't be seeing pics of them).

For now, I'll leave you with a wonderful belly shot from yesterday (34w6d). For the record, with over 5 weeks to go I'm bigger then two women I have recently met who were due imminently. The doc says I'm only measuring two weeks ahead but then that means both of them were measuring about 5 weeks behind :).

No worries though - I'm loving every stinking minute of it!!


No comments: