Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5, 2009 - 13 weeks 1 day

Well, its take forever to continue updating this blog.

If this baby eventually learns to read he/she will probably develop some sort of rejection issues. Pretty much we try to ignore the fact that we're pregnant.

Each moment I relish the fact that we're still pregnant is accompanied with deep seated fear. Each time I try to get even half excited my chest starts to tighten. Yup, I'm experiencing for the first time in my life panic attacks. My remedy is to ignore the fact that I'm still pregnant.

BUT ... Today is a special day where we did actually spend a little bit of time celebrating in the fact that we are indeed pregnant and so far we're pregnant with a healthy little fetus.

We had our Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound today. The ultrasound coupled with blood tests support the fact that we're carrying a healthy baby. The odds of this baby carrying any type of Trisomy issues are better than that of a 22 year old. Since the odds increase with the women's age, I figure its not bad for an old broad like me!!

We took a huge sigh of relief today and have been downgraded to only a 5% chance of a reoccuring loss.

So, that really equates to:
85% fear and 15% hope (no one ever said statistics made sense!?!)

At this point Dwayne and I have decided to share the news but since our new nephew is due in a matter of 4 days, we've opted to hold off on sharing the news so that we don't diminish anything for the new little one.

No comments: