Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009 - 14 weeks and 1 day

Well, today is the official day we 'told' some people. Apparently I'm not carrying that small so it wasn't a huge shocker (except for the few people who live in different cities/provinces etc).

We've (aka 'I') have decided to only tell those closest to us (Dwayne's a bit more liberal than I am with the news but that's ok, its his news too).

Its not that I don't want to share, its more because I'm so incredibly tired of having to share the news that we lost another baby - quite simply, I'm tired of it. I'd rather share the news in a very awkward situation ("um, BTW, did we mention we had a baby last month??") then have to relive our loss over and over again for months on end because so many people knew and so many people asked about it. Even today I still get questions from people I haven't seen in a while who ask "Didn't you have twins last year??". It makes it uncomfortable for both parties (though I've gotten used to it).

Alas, I can only wear my housecoat so often when people come to visit and only keep my jacket on in other people's houses for so long.

No comments: