Wednesday, October 31, 2007

23 weeks

Happy Halloween!!

Yes, we advanced another week today and that means one week further along.

While I'm happy on some levels that its Halloween (as typically Halloween is one of my more favourite holidays) unfortunately this years it comes with many mixed emotions.

Unfortunately today has seen an increase of leaking fluid. While normally leaking is limited to when I get up after lying down or when I go to the bathroom, a new trend has emerged where I'm now leaking no matter where I am or what I am doing. Its disheartening to say the least.

On a much better note, I distinctly felt Baby B moving today and whenever that happens its a good day. Movements from that side of the belly are so far and few between that it really is a moment of joy when I'm reminded that he/she is still plugging along.

While I'm trying to muster up some excitement for tonight's trick-or-treating I have to admit that its something that very much reminds me of the fearful unknown that our future will bring. Wondering what, if any, Halloween costumes will be front and center for us next year. Will it be another year of us dressing up our dogs?? Or will we be blessed with the hassel of having to organize two costumes for two squirming little ones.

That coupled with the fact that once again Dwayne and I will not be together for Halloween. This has begun to be a regular occurrance for us and various holidays. In the 5 years we've been together we've only spent 1 Valentines day together, one wedding anniversary was spent apart and of course many other notable days during the year. Though not a huge deal (since some weeks I can honestly say we see too much of each other ;)) when your sitting in a room with very little stimulation, any small upside does help.

Oh, where is Dwayne you ask?? He's out near Princeton doing some field work. Babysitting a geologist (for the record, most geologists don't need babysitting. Just this one). So while he is working (in late fall weather conditions) he's also walking (yup, I'm jealous) and spending time with the doggies (ahhh, what I would give).

I'm hoping that this evening's festivities (from the comfort of a chair) provides some of the former enjoyment I usually get during Halloween. If not, I'll be sure to stuff myself full of chocolate. At least there's that for a silver lining :).

UPDATE:

Mom did an awesome job decorating our house for the 15 or so Trick-or-Treaters that came by today.

Not only did she decorate, but she dressed up to hand out candy. What a trooper!!

I on the other hand, took the time to paint my belly.


After the 'rush' Kayreen, John and little Michael came over with dinner (mmm, pizza) and their costumes.


So here we all are in our costumes. Yup, looks like fun eh? Ha, always more work goes into these photos than meets the eye!! Notice how much Kayreen takes after our mother?? :)

No comments: