Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Bug

Every day I wake up and am absolutely amazed at how lucky we've been. Hands down we have the BEST kid in the world (I'm willing to acknowledge that every mother does but this is my blog so here its my kid).

Olivia continues to grow and continues to make us smile. I can't get enough of watching her and just seeing her little bundle of energy is enough to brighten even the dreariest day.

Much credit to all the amazing things Livy is doing goes to her caregiver (and best friend in the whole wide world) Wilma and we are always so greatful that Wilma is a part of our lives.

Livy is talking up a storm and a good portion of what comes out of her mouth are her attempts at sentences. Its also so much fun listening to her retell a story from earlier that day or the day before when we're lying in bed, after our books and we just visit and chat for a little bit.

The other day while driving to Vancouver, Livy thought she would share that she had a 'funny thumb' and then proceed to crack into a fit of giggles with her thumb sticking up. Not the greatest story for others to read, but when I look back on this I hope it brings up that wonderful moment of her laughing like only a child can.

She's also working hard on her ABC's and can't now string together quite a few letters as she goes. Counting she's still doing 1,2,4, 5 (forgetting 3) but for some reason she can remember H, I,J all in a row(letters I've always had trouble remember so she doesn't get it from me) and then pretty much alternates the rest of the alphabet with whoever is saying it with her.

Her dancing has become quite the entertainment and she absolutely LOVES doing the 'ballet' to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. That one I have managed a video of which I'll edit to get up here for viewing (I'm still working on the ABC's as she only says them once and I can never get the camera out in time).

Best of all, yesterday she said "I love you, Mommy". I know this because I told her to say it (because on its own I wouldn't have understood what she was saying) but regardless of what it sounded like, I knew what she said and even though it was promted, its been one of the best things ever. It brought back so many memories of our fears that we would never hear those words.

This little girl will be my life preserver in the months to come and I can't begin to express how incredibly lucky I am that she's in our lives.

No comments: