Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20, 2009 - 19 weeks and 2 days

Have I shared yet that I think I'm carrying a boy again???

Not sure if I shared that yet. Yup, I think its a boy. I think secretly the only healthy sperm Dwayne has are boy sperm so in my heart I think we'll have all boys (which I'm secretly very excited about - nothing worse that prissy screaming girls...I know this because I was one of them).

So that's what I've been thinking since about 13 weeks (when we learned the little parasite was a healthy parasite - recall we didn't think much of it prior to that).

Today, I may have been proved wrong (more than likely this possibility of proving me wrong will be incorrect, because I'm rarely wrong but for now I'm willing to admit that my mother's intuition is severely flawed).

We had our anatomy scan today. Everything looks fine except once again we're growing a big baby. At this time the boys were somewhere in the 87th percentile for size and this one is proving to follow that trend - only this one will have more room to grow...sort of like fish in a tank where the more room they have the bigger they get.

But I digress...

To start with the baby is alive. At this point that's all we care about. Everything else (10, 11 or 12 fingers and twos??) is gravy. Whatever it is or looks like we'll take it. So, with that mindset (not caring if it has a third nipple - which with our family history it probably does) we jumped right to the gender issue.

The first time the u/s technician scanned the boy/girl area she was slow and deliberate. The end result, I didn't see anything - aka - maybe girl*.

All in all - baby is doing great.

*Its important to point out that we had a 23w5d u/s with the boys and though Daniel was playing 'hard to get' the technician couldn't see anything. He determined Daniel was a girl. So, we've learned that 'not seeing anything' doesn't mean anything and my maternal instinct may bang on.

No comments: