Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7, 2008 - 9 weeks

Yes the ultrasound is two days after I had the cramping. You might wonder how it is that I lasted that long...actually the timing (2 days later) was at my request. I had a full and busy day yesterday so today was the earliest I could make it. Thank God for the busy day...time went fast and my mind was only on this issue for about 80% of the time.

Today's ultrasound showed a heartbeat and appropriate growth of the embryo. Whew. False alarm. I love false alarms and I love being wrong. Much better then the times I've freaked out over the smallest thing and been right. I hate being right.

This is about the time in our last pregnancy when the heart would have stopped beating. It was guestimated that the embryo stopped growing at about 9 weeks so seeing the heartbeat and seeing the appropriate growth was a real milestone for us.

We've happily moved on to:
85% fear and 15% hope

No comments: