Sunday, December 21, 2014

A few minor adjustments

So after my appointment on Monday it was recommended by the pharmacist that I make some changes to when I take my prednisone during the day.  Initially I was told to take it with my biggest meal (generally speaking that's dinner for me).  When discussing the side effects I've had (insomnia, night sweats) it was suggested that I try taking the prednisone at breakfast so by the time night arrives, the biggest effect of the prednisone is already weaning out of my system.

I forgot to do this Tuesday but was able to take it on Wednesday earlier in the day.  On Thursday morning I experienced my first ever dizzy spells. Again, Thursday and Friday were early prednisone days and on Friday afternoon I has weird vision issues (best described as kaleidoscope vision).  Saturday I'm back taking the prednisone in the evening.   I figure if it wasn't that broken (I can deal with insomnia and night sweats) then just leave it alone.

I also noticed on on Saturday (yesterday) that my face has started looking fuller.  I'm curious as to whether its taking the prednisone earlier in the day as well.  After all, I was taking it in the evening and then going to sleep, most of the time sweating/peeing all the fluid out of my body during the night (a weird side effect I've noticed since being on the prednisone).  Three days of taking the prednisone in the morning and not sweating/peeing for 8 hours following (because I'm awake) may have something to do with the water retention moving to my face.   No idea but either way, I've decided that it works best for me to be taking the steroid in the evenings.

No comments: