Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

At least on our kitchen table anyway!

Opie got up to some serious play last night when she convinced Dinosaur Bob to come play in the snow.  The problem of course is that there is no snow inside.  So Bob and Opie improvised:

A snow man, a snow angel and best of all...A SNOW BALL FIGHT!!!

Here's a picture of what it looked like from Opie's point of view:

Livy has been great since Santa sent Opie back to us in that she hasn't touched Opie at all (the rest of the characters are not so safe and she quickly grabbed up as many snowballs as she could fit into her hands. I did clean a bit of it up (careful to leave Opie alone) and when I threw the Snowman in the garbage Livy promptly told me I couldn't do that and she fished him out (Dwayne made him so he'll be pleased).

Yesterday was a less stellar day for Opie and she only managed to get out a few mega blocks to play with. 

PS - yes our Christmas tree is up (though not decorated).  I'm gone this weekend and Dwayne is gone the next 2 and I need his help, so last weekend we made an effort to bring it up while there were 2 parents available and the time to do so.  Rest assured she won't be decorated till Dec.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the antics of Opie and so look forward to what she does next. I just wish I was closer to the girls. I miss them so much.
What a wonderful memory you are creating for them.
Love Grandma Helen

Unknown said...

It was so nice to see you guys the other night. I'm sad I didn't get to meet Opie though :(

Unknown said...

Hey lady - my mum rubbed it in that she got to snuggle Payton...lol, I snubbed her for a while. I have Payton's new sweater for you! I know that you're away until Tuesday night but I have Wednesdays off - so if you have some time - send me a text :)
Meg