Friday, June 5, 2009

30 weeks & 2 days

As we approach the big 3D day I've begun to second guess whether I want to know the gender anymore. I mean, we have made it this far and really, there SHOULD only be another 9 weeks or so to go before we know one way or the other, right?

Why not wait?

As I sit down and list the reasons for finding out the only pro I can think of is simple curiosity. I mean, I don't plan on buying anything. The 'room' we have set aside is painted a neutral colour (hiking trail brown) and anything else we've done or planning on doing is fine to do gender neutral (after all I have enough newborn stuff I can borrow from my sister and who cares if its a girl and she's dressed in blue for a week or two. I mean, it would be worse if it was a boy dressed in pink right??).

So, in a nut shell, I'm on the fence.

Dwayne on the other hand says he wants to know for a variety of reasons one being "if we're not finding out, why are we wasting our time doing a 3D ultrasound".

I pitched the idea of having the technician write it down for us but not tell us (in a sealed envelope) but Dwayne thinks I'll cheat. Humph - so much for a trusting marriage!!

No comments: