Friday, July 13, 2012

Little Trooper

So as usual, when things are a bit bumpy you see us posting more.  This week has been a tough one on Payton and while she's not happy, she's fighting through it reminding me of what a little trooper she is.

Yesterday I recieved word that Payton had started with a rash on her torso.  Now, like a good mama I did read the paperwork that came with her medications for her antibiotics and knew that a rash was one of the side effects but also recalled that the medication cautioned that a rash could signal an allergic reaction.

So, Payton got trucked off to the doctors again.  After a 2 hour wait (at the walk in clinic this time) I was pleased when it was the same doctor we saw in the ER on Monday (the one who had ordered the x-ray) on shift.

She looked at the rash and (with my  mother's input of a penicillin allergy in our family) determined it was indeed an allergic reaction.  Thus, its been determined that Payton is allergic to penicillin. 

Its not such a big deal except for the fact that the rash has now developed on her whole body and even her head/face is covered by the rash.  And, she is miserable.  The rash is having much more of an impact on her than the high fever ever did.

Coupled with that she's been having a terrible cough when she sleeps.  I'm a bit worried that it may be an asthma cough since we're dealing with haze from the Siberian forest fires (even I find I'm coughing and slightly weezing a bit, blaming the poor air quality).

I'm desperately hoping that a day with benadryl helps with the rash and our little warrior is back to even 50% of her old self again by days end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do hope little Payton is doing better now that they know she is allergic to penicillin. She sure has been tested for endurance. What a strong little girl. Keep up the good fight little one.
Lots of love from Grandma Helen